The second installment of Ignite in Vancouver. We already have an amazing lineup for this one! Here’s just a teaser of what you can expect from us on June 24th:
- A reality show type contest where the audience will vote via Twitter and TXT msg on their favorite presenters. Everyone can vote for each presenter equally, but the person with the most votes from everyone will win $500!
- A tongue twister contest: read as much as you can in ten seconds. Make no mistakes and you win a prize!
A lineup of presentations that range from funny to eclectic to scientific! Here’s a quick overview of just some of the people preparing to present at Ignite 2.0:
- Kerry Ward: Without Adventure, You Are DEAD — At the root of all business and personal success lies one thing: Adventure. It comes naturally for kids, not so much for adults. Adults have to consciously cultivate a Daily Adventure Practice in order to stay alive and grow. Businesses must literally add ventures in order to succeed. This talk will take an energetic and humorous approach to this VITAL issue.
- James Karg : Everything I needed to know I learned from Video games — A game
designer takes a diffrent look at life and draws parallels to his profession and the real life game. James addresses things like playing cooperatively, facing end bosses, taking care of your health, and learning to play a “role”.
- Matt Ross: Backpacking Central America – As the author of “Short Straws A Gringo’s Perspective of Backpacking
Central America”, Matt will bring an off-the-cuff view from off-the-beaten
path, the lighter side of his experiences in rural Central America during a six-month odyssey.
- Jill Talbot: The social construction of addiction – This presenter will bring to light some of our conceptions and misconceptions of the true nature of addiction, and how our perceptions and misunderstandings influence the sevices available to those at risk.
… plus six to eight more presenters yet to be confirmed! We still have a number of presenters that missed that last event, and we expect their presence as well. If you plan on being either a speaker, spectator or sponsor, this is one show you won’t want to miss!
Get your tickets through either http://www.meetup.com/IgniteBC/ or through http://IgniteBC2.Eventbrite.com. Additionally, if you are interested in giving a presentation at this event, you can submit your idea through the IgniteBC webpage at http://ignitebc.com/events/the-next-ignite-june-24th/
Finally, since this is a non-profit event, we are always looking for sponsors. They can be cash, or if you want to promote your business by providing services in kind, or just some kind of discount or anything to people in support of Ignite Events in Vancouver, we’d love to hear from you! We will also reciprocate in kind, and will do whatever we can to direct our audience to your enterprise. For those giving cash donations, we offer the following:
- Gold sponsor - Gets you a table at the event, with lots of logo placement in programs, and splash screens in presentations, etc.
- Silver Sponsor - You get four tickets plus mentions in the website, program, etc
- Bronze Sponsor - Two tickets plus mentions in the website, etc.
Details of how YOU can become involved with Ignite in Vancouver can be found on the IgniteBC website by clicking this link: http://ignitebc.com/sponsors/sponsorship-and-support-levels/ . You can also sponsor Ignite Vancouver through the Meetup.com website here: http://www.meetup.com/IgniteBC/suggestion/sponsor/ – or, just email us at IgniteBC (at) gmail dot com.
Ignite Vancouver 2.0 takes place at Ceili’s Irish Pub & Restaurant on June 24th at 6PM. Speakers hit the stage at 7:00. Tickets are $10.00 advance or $15 at the door.
670 Smithe Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2C9