Posted on 25 April 2010 by IgniteBC
The April 15th event was a massive success, and with it came many requests for another one! So, without further adieu, preparations are now officially underway for Ignite Vancouver II. The next event is June 24th, and it promises to be a ground breaker on may levels!
Wanna Earn $100 a MINUTE? Read on!
The next event will be a little different in that we will be awarding a prize of $500 to the best presentation of the night! Presentations will be judged based on votes from the audience via a Twitter polling solution. Everyone in the audience can vote for each presenter once. 50% of the vote will be audience generated, and 50% of the vote will come from the Ignite Organizing Team. If you would like to participate in this event, please submit your presentation idea ASAP because its a first-come-first-served basis! We will publish the final lineup on May 25th, and we will require your FINAL presentation to be submitted to us by June 10th. The sooner you complete your submission, the better your chances of getting in and getting the pick of where you want to be in the final lineup.
Register with the IgniteBC website - by clicking this link. This will make you a member of the Ignite BC and keep you up to date on all future goings-on with Ignite Events in Vancouver.
Buy tickets for the June 24 event by clicking here. Tickets are just $10.00 advance. $15.00 the week before the event.
Interested in giving a talk? Then tell us about it! There is space for a maximum of 12 presenters. All the details can be found by clicking on this link: How to become an Ignite Speaker. Or, just fill out this form:
This promises to be an absolutely phenomenal event! Register early, and bring your friends because the more people that attend with you, the better your chances will be of winning!
Posted on 27 February 2010 by IgniteBC
The cool thing about Ignite is that just about anyone can present. It’s like an open mike night to talk about whatever you are passionate about. The only condition is that it must fall into the Ignite format: 20 slides, 15 seconds a slide, five minutes total. That, and the topic must have some kind of “social value”. In other words, it’s not infomercial time. We will post details about you and your company on your speaker Bio page. People interested in finding out more can go from there.
- Start by submitting a quick overview of your topic. Title and 1 paragraph description. This should be completed one month prior to the event date.
- Two weeks before the event date, submit a finished powerpoint deck to us for review. If there are any problems with it, we’ll still have a chance to correct any issue. Additionally, the extra lead time helps us convert the file for the subsequent video archive where we will synchronize the presentation with your video.
- Also: two weeks OR SOONER, provide us with a bio about yourself. This will help people know where you are coming from, and will also give folks an opportunity to contact you if they would like a more detailed perspective.
- The day of the event: Arrive about an hour early so you can get familiar with your surroundings, schmooze a bit with the other speakers, organizers, etc, and just get ready to have fun!
- After: We still need clearance to post your video. So after the event, you’ll sign a waiver giving us permission to do so, without the expectation of future remuneration. In return, we will post the PPT in your bio, along with the video links to the IgniteShow.com global site, YouTube, and on our site. You will also receive permission to use the “Proud Presenter” badge on your website, where you can link back to the presentation archive / bio page that will feature all your presentations.
You can download the Powerpoint template from here:
Use the following form to contact us with your request to present at an Ignite Vancouver Event:
Looking forward to hearing more from you.